STRUCTURAL WARRANTY :
Cantrust Manufacturing International Inc. hereby warrants to the original buyer, the goods to be free from manufacturing defects for 20 years against warping, buckling or bonding failure under normal residential use.
FINISH WARRANTY :
The Cantrust Manufacturing International Inc. hereby warrants to the original buyer the finish against wear through, separation or peeling for 20 years on Aluminium Oxide finished products under normal residential use.
This warranty is conditioned upon Manufacturer's receipt of notice in writing from the Buyer of the alleged defect prior to expiration of the limited warranty period and evidence that the products were properly installed and not subject to any of the conditions described below. This limited warranty does not apply to discontinued or close out items. Any such Product or Products are sold "as is". Cantrust Manufacturing International Inc. HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE WHATSOEVER. Any and all representatives, promises, warranties or statements by Cantrust Manufacturing International Inc. or its agents that differ in any manner from the terms of this limited warranty shall be of no force or effect unless in writing, signed by a duly authorized officer of Cantrust Manufacturing International Inc.
Limitations on Liability :
Buyer's exclusive remedy and Cantrust Manufacturing International Inc.’s sole liability on any claim, whether in tort, contract, or breach of warranty, shall be limited to the repair or replacement of the defective goods which are proven to Cantrust Manufacturing International Inc. 's satisfaction to be defective in manufacture or the refund of the applicable purchase price. In no event and for no cause whatsoever, including any breach or default by Cantrust Manufacturing International Inc., shall Cantrust Manufacturing International Inc. have any other liability (including without limitation incidental or consequential damages) or any monetary liability to Buyer in excess of the contract price or prices of the pertinent Products in question. If Cantrust Manufacturing International Inc. shall elect to repair or replace said Products which are in proven defective, it shall not be responsible for any labour charges of any kind either in the reinstallation or in the dismantling and removal of Products previously installed. The liability of Cantrust Manufacturing International Inc. shall be further limited to the replacement of the Products by delivery to the building site in question.
Any of the following shall void and invalidate our warranty :
- Variations in color are a normal part of a natural wood product. Grain pattern differences, color variations and other naturally occurring wood characteristics are not considered defects and are not covered under this warranty.
- Visible Defect- Visible defects are those defects that are apparent on the face of the flooring. They must be noted by the installer and reported before installation so that replacement flooring can be furnished before installation.
- Building Settling or Uneven Subfloors - These situations are considered to be part of the pre-installation inspection process. Do not install wood flooring if these situations exist. This warranty does not cover damage caused by setline or uneven subfloors.
- Improper Installation - Improper installations, done in a way that is contrary to the specifications, can cause problems with a Cantrust Wood Floors. Cantrust Manufacturing International Inc. will not replace a floor with defects caused by improper installation.
- Improper Maintenance or Inadequate Care - Your Cantrust Wood Floor requires maintenance. Please follow the instructions that are recommended by Cantrust Manufacturing International Inc. Seller will not replace a Cantrust Wood Floor product damaged by improper maintenance or inadequate care.
- Accidents, Abuse or Abnormal Wear - This warranty does not cover damage resulting from accidents or abuses that stain or scratch the finish, diminish gloss, or indent the surface of the wood. It also does not cover damage caused by heavy or concentrated foot traffic.
- Indentations from Stiletto Heels on Shoes - A stiletto heel can concentrate as much as 2,000 pounds per square inch on the floor. This type of heel has a diameter of approximately 3/8", and walking on any wood surface with stiletto heels is considered an abusive situation. Seller will not replace any Cantrust Wood Floor Product damaged by stiletto heels on shoes.
- Problems with Moisture or Dryness - This warranty does not cover damage caused by wetting or the presence of excessive moisture, or by conditions that are too dry.
- Excessive Sunlight - this can cause discoloration. Draperies or shades will usually provide adequate protection. This warranty does not cover damages or discoloration caused by excessive sunlight or Ultra Violet rays.
- Difference from Samples - This warranty does not cover the differences that can be seen between color samples and color of installed floors. Please approve the color of actual product prior to installation.
- Consequential or Incidental Damages - Cantrust Manufacturing International Inc. expressly excludes and will not pay consequential or incidental damages under this warranty. By this, Cantrust Manufacturing International Inc. means any loss, expense, inconvenience or damage other than to the wood floor itself that may result from a defect in the Cantrust Wood Floor Product.
- Industrial standards allow some variation in color, a 0.25mm tolerance in thickness, and a 5% defect rate in natural products such as hardwood floors. Cantrust Manufacturing International Inc. strives to meet or beat these standards through our ISO practices.
Your Obligation to Cantrust Manufacturing International Inc. - As the purchaser of our product, you agree to follow all care and maintenance directions as related to wood floors. You also agree to allow Cantrust Manufacturing International Inc. an opportunity to correct any claimed defects.